Building, a division of Development Services, is responsible for administering and enforcing building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fuel gas codes and erosion control ordinances. We also accept and review residential and commercial permit applications and plans, issue permits, perform inspections, and issue certificates of occupancy or completion. Our building inspectors look at all facets of new construction, remodels and alterations to ensure all codes are met. The Building Department coordinates with the Engineering and Planning departments to make sure that design elements specified in site plans adhere to specific guidelines.
Building guides contractors and homeowners through the process of getting permits, scheduling inspections, and ensuring residential and commercial plans are reviewed by our City Building Official for code compliance. Our mission is to provide the absolute safest atmosphere for citizens and visitors of Oxford with regard to commercial and residential construction projects.
To schedule an inspection, contact Megan Baker at 662-232-2304.
City inspectors administer and enforce the following codes for all construction:
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code for One & Two-Family Dwellings**
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
Visit the Municode Website for all City of Oxford ordinances. Ordinances passed very recently may not yet be codified, but will be available on the main page.
Applications & Forms
- Approvals for Building Permit
- Building Permit Application
- Building Permit Fee Schedule
- Contractor License Application
- Demolition Application
- Electrical Fee Schedule and License Application
- Erosion Control Form
- Final Approval Application
- Fire Sprinkler Permit Application
- Gas Fee Schedule and License Application
- Land Disturbance Permit Application
- Approvals for Land Disturbance
- License Requirements
- Mechanical Fee Schedule and License Application
- Moving of Stucture Application
- Plumbing Fee Schedule and License Application
- Residential Builder's Inspection Checklist
- Residential Building Checklist
- Commercial Building Checklist